17 October 2010

The Balancing Act

And so it has begun, our balancing act of school - work and play- relaxation and determination- that little number always at the back of our minds: 9. 9 more months, and then the school year is over.
Maybe not the best way to approach it, but hey- whatever keeps us going, right? I am amazed that time has flown by. We have just finished our third week of school…I think and we are already looking into the face of our first Practical. Melissa has a much better track record with these things than me. I tend to stress myself out to the point that I make stupid mistakes, costing me precious points. Next week is a big week for us; exams in Pathophysiology, Positioning and Surgery Trauma! At this point I don’t really feel prepared for any of them but I think that’s about normal.
We are a step or two closer to getting our ducks in a row with our Australian Visa, a snafu with Melissa’s student aid has pushed our time frame back a bit but I am confident that we will have things sorted by the end of the month.  
The weather has begun to change and it’s starting to get really cold here at night. I am dreading the snow but I keep telling myself this is the last year I will ever have to live in the stuff.
That’s about all the news I have right now. Melissa and I appreciate those of you keeping up with us. Be sure and check back this next week to see how Melissa and I did on our exams.
Thanks-
Chad

No comments:

Post a Comment