05 July 2011

Settle Down!


I think we can officially say that we are “settled in”.  We’ve been calling Adelaide “home” for 3 weeks now.  We have an AUS address, and an AUS phone number.  We have an AUS bank account, and start our “AUS job” tomorrow (I think of it more as our “pro-bono” or “not-for-profit” volunteer work to make myself feel better about the lack of a paycheck, but whatever).  We know the busses necessary to get to the main places we need to, and aside from getting on the wrong one every once in a while, we are figuring it out.  Now I am just keeping my eyes out for a cheap bike, and dreaming up the vacation possibilities when we get time off work.
We took our preliminary tour of the hospital Thursday, and got a feel for the department. It seems so different from what we are used to in the states, making it both very exciting and scary at the same time.  Tomorrow (Tuesday the 5th) will be our first day, so we will see how it goes!!

No comments:

Post a Comment