22 May 2012

The Quick Approach


Time is dwindling down now, and the days are getting shorter and shorter!! It is one of the most exciting, yet saddest times of our whole year here.  As home-time gets closer and closer, my excitement builds to get back to the states.  I am looking forward to seeing my sisters, spending some time with my Mums, and returning to the old routine of my Dad leaving 6 voice-messages in a row complaining about me never answering my phone (: 
Not to mention that being able to drive a vehicle to the grocery store, and get to the gym and back in a couple hours rather than half the day, is what daydreams are made of at this point.  Add in the prospect of getting the boards over and done with, finding a job, and receiving that first paycheck, and my-oh-my!
On the other hand, however, it is quite sad, and a bit regretful that we must leave Adelaide. We’ve grown quite fond of our Flinders family, and our Repat family, and it will be a bit sad to not see them each week. And to think that we are leaving a ripe opportunity to get a good job here in Australia, and going home seems a bit bitter-sweet. Our fellow radiographers here make quite a bit more money than us state-siders, get a LOT more vacation time, and, well, have quite a few less responsibilities than us Rad Techs.  We are quite torn to leave the fertile opportunities here, and return to a desolate job market back home.
However, we will both keep our fond memories, and possibly return in just a few short years to work in Australia again, if all bodes well.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous03 June, 2012

    Hello Melissa and Chad, My name is Kayla Doughty and I am a sophomore in the Rad Science program at OIT....I am very much interested in continuing in your foots steps with the international externship in Australia. I would love to be able to chat with you and get more information about your journey in Australia. When will you be back for graduation?

    ReplyDelete