04 August 2011

Gone in a Flash!

Week 3 and 4 have gone by in a jiffy. Thinking back on it just today made my jaw drop, realizing that already we have been working for almost a month – 4 weeks!! It hardly seems as though it has been that long.

Our weekends have remained relatively uneventful, aside from our night at Michael’s getting the “Pizza Oven Experience”. It was quite a treat this weekend, as Michael showed off his famed “Pizza Oven”: hand built over the course of years, and heated up bright and early that morning to be ready for our lunch-dinner delight! We had been hearing about this pizza oven endlessly for the previous week, and the hype was definitely building for some tasty blow-your-mind pizzas. And, well, they were quite fantastic! It also gave me the edge in the future argument with Chad about whether we should have a pizza-oven in our backyard (:

The same has been true at work, as well. Chad and I got our first taste of Radiology outside of level 2. Chad went to the Emergency Department (ED) and I went to Southern Imaging (SI) in Flinders Private Hospital. It was an interesting journey learning new equipment, working with new people, a different type of patient, and in a different environment. For me it was a bit slow, and I was able to sneek in to the Radiologist’s booth – or as they call them here “Registrars” – not to be confused with “radiographers”, which is what Chad and I are. Chad described his experience as more “Eye-opening” than anything. He encountered patients in agonizing pain, and the neonatal babies for the first time.

Next week we switch places – Chad goes to SI, and I go to my long-awaited ED!

No comments:

Post a Comment